Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Hardly home but always reppin' "


Being away from home can be a tough experience as some of us freshman have come to realize. Specially those who come from other states and are miles away from their hometown and family. This can make it hard to focus on school and extracurricular activities. I have now been away from my family and friends for 5 months and i can not wait to go home. It is hard not being able to be around them but because of the technology advances we have today it makes you feel like you are alittle closer to home. Things like Skype, Ichat, and other forms of communications make it easy to converse with close ones. when times get hard these applications make it easy to talk to family and that way i get to express my feelings and relieve my stress. It's like they are in the room with a me even though they are thousands of miles away. We criticize technology but it is not always negative, if it is used responsibly it can benefit us.

2 comments:

  1. This is very true. Being an only child, leaving for college was tough for both my parents as well as myself. With Skype my mom is constantly saying that she feels as if she gets to see me every day... because she does. Our world would be drastically different if we did not have this technology, and I for one seem take that for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Skype all the time with my family, friends and girlfriend. I agree that technology is not a bad thing at all. Since my parents figured out how to use Skype, it has been easier on my mom so she isn't crying as much. It helps us to communicate in places where it would be difficult to keep strong relationships and bonds.

    ReplyDelete