Sunday, December 13, 2009

Motivation.

As I read my blogs I feel like a hypocrite, and as us young people say these days say a "hater". Most of my blogs have been about how Technology and Media are negative things that only distract us. I realized that this is not true and that i have been "hating" on it and it is wrong. Technology is not all bad, it actually makes my life easier. The internet has opened so many doors, and now we can buy, search, and view almost anything in the world. I have grown as a person and have matured alot, it has not been easy and these last six months I have used my laptop and internet as therapy. After along day I would immediately run to my computer and log on to the internet to escape all the stress from school, soccer, and my social life. I would listen to music, watch movies and youtube videos to get my mind of things. It was like my drug and I became addicted to it, it made things go away and make me feel good for a few hours. Unlike other drugs this one did not have any health consequences.
However it did have one side effect. Earlier in the year when my soccer season had just started I was lacking motivation and determination. I thought because I was now playing for a division one soccer program I had made it. My bubble was bursted when I found my self sitting on the bench and watching the game from the sidelines. I could of easily just gave up and settle for playing a few minutes towards the end of the game but instead I pushed my self a little more at practice. Late at night before I went to sleep I would open up my laptop and watch 3 to 4 videos of my favorite players to keep get me motivated for the next day's practice. Youtube helped me get a starting spot on the BC's soccer team. It help gave that extra push to keep me working. I owe technology and apology for criticizing it so much, I also owe it a thank you for helping out and making my life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment