Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Blogging Expereince


"Blogging? umm whats that bro?" this is what my roommate Sacir said the first time he stepped into this class. I had no idea what it was so I could not answer his questions. I had always heard people talk about it but never had the curiosity to actually find out what it was. Once I found out what it was I came to realize that it was kind of fun. I never was involved in an environment were I could express my opinion about a subject without having to worry about worrying what people thought. I felt like I was a news reporter writing articles for my own newspaper ran by me. It was nice to share my thoughts and have people comment on them. It was a nice change from academic writing. I did not have to worry about being so formal and I could pretty much say what I wanted.
I did not think I was going to have fun and actually write about things that I saw going on around me. I felt so free when I wrote my blogs. I actually enjoyed doing this and as i started writing more and more i felt more comfortable. I felt like could write about more sensitive and controversial subjects as time went on. I would recommend that every one keep a blog and share their opinions about what is going on in the world today. It is like a private diary but not as private.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember when you asked me that I was like how do we blog?? and what's that?? But I came to realize it feels good to just write what you feel about a topic without a strict criteria and structure. It a place to freely express your feelings about anything and you don't have to worry about being right or wrong. It would be cool if we can blog about the soccer world and what we think about some controversies like Henry's handball. Should Ireland have been gifted a rematch game or was FIFA right. Blogging was defiantly something we benefitted from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way we are able to write about what we wish. I agree that the idea of writing something that is a bit more unstructured is easier than completing a typical class assignment. It is comforting to know that others in the class where new to the blogging experience. I was a bit skeptical at first. But, as you do I feel that it was an overall good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that it was a good experience and was also new to the blogging experience. It is great that we get to express how we feel instead of just learning the conventional way of things it let us put our own little twist on things.

    ReplyDelete